If you have a few hours to spend in the vibrant NYC, don’t waste your time dragging around your heavy suitcase. Drop off your bags at a luggage storage facility near Port Authority.
This post provides many convenient temporary luggage storage options. So go on and make the most of your time!
Can I store my bags at the Port Authority Bus Terminal?
New York is one of the most lively cities in the world. No matter how heavy or large your suitcase is, the Big Apple isn’t a city to be explored by dragging suitcases.
Many visitors arrive and depart from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. It’s located in Midtown and is close to the main city sights.
Often, people who still have some time off before leaving or waiting to check-in to their accommodation face the same problem: where can I leave my luggage in the meantime?
Unfortunately, you won’t find any luggage storage Port Authority offices or lockers at the Bus Terminal and NYC stations. This was decided for security reasons after the tragic event of 09/11.
Anyway, if you travel with the Greyhound company, you have the possibility to leave luggage at the ticket office for up to 24 hours.
But, there are some downsides to acknowledge:
- you’ll have to pay an extra fee (starting from $8);
- you’ll need to collect bags within 24 hours;
- all stored baggage needs to follow the restrictions listed on the official website.
Luggage storage near Port Authority
If you want to pay less and store your bags in a safe place near Port Authority, try Radical Storage, or other NYC left luggage companies (see the list below).
Radical Storage is an innovative online luggage storage platform that provides left luggage facilities in New York City and worldwide. Whether you are looking for a short-term, daily, or even hourly storage place, Radical Storage is there for you.
Collaboration with local companies makes this service significantly more efficient than traditional luggage storage offices. You can find our storage locations inside shops, restaurants, hotels, or even laundries.
All Radical partners are verified and qualified to handle your luggage safely.
Furthermore, the easy QR code system makes it fast to check in and pick up your bags.
Luggage storage Port Authority facilities
How much does it cost me to store luggage near Port Authority?
Radical Storage offers an unbeatable daily rate of $6 per bag:
- The rate is fixed;
- A guarantee covers each piece of luggage;
- No size or weight restrictions;
- Large items (such as strollers, sports gears, etc.) are allowed.
Below you’ll find a pricing table of the major luggage storage companies in NYC.
|Radical Storage||Luggage Hero||CBH Luggage Storage||Store Me|
|Number of locations per city||60+||60+||1||40|
|Daily rate||$6 per bag||$8 per bag||about $10 per bag||$7,50 per bag|
|Extra charge for an oversized bag||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Attractions near Port Authority
Port Authority Bus Terminal is the busiest bus terminal in the United States and the world due to its heavy traffic. Many interstate bus services, and countless people passing by every day.
The Port Authority Terminal is located in the heart of Manhattan (on 8th Avenue) and is very close to many landmarks and attractions.
If you’re searching for a storage facility, it means that you have some free time to spend in the city.
Things to see near Port Authority
- Times Square: the world-famous intersection brightened by neon lights;
- The Empire State Building: iconic 102-story skyscraper;
- Central Park: the largest park in Manhattan that divides the well-known Upper West Side and Upper East Side neighborhoods.
- Is there a luggage storage place near Union Square Station?
- All about New York Penn Station luggage storage services
- All you need to know about luggage storage services at Grand Central Station
- Find out the closest baggage storage near the Statue of Liberty
- Best luggage storage points close to the World Trade Center
- Where to find luggage storage facility near the Empire State Building?
- Best Manhattan luggage storage guide
- Top rated luggage storage locations near Brooklyn Bridge
- How to find luggage storage facilities near Times Square?