If you’re traveling to or from Edinburgh by train and have some time to spend, you can leave your heavy bags in one of the luggage storage facilities at Waverley Station listed in this post. You’ll discover storage solutions suitable for all needs.
How much does it cost to leave luggage at Edinburgh Waverley?
You couldn’t wait to visit Edinburgh and now that you’ve finally arrived, are you stuck by your suitcases? At least once, everyone has been in your situation, especially because of late check-in at the accommodation.
The easiest way to get rid of the bags would be to leave them at the station’s storage office. However, this isn’t one of the most convenient and affordable options. Let’s see why.
Waverley Station provides a standard left luggage facility on Platform 2. It’s run by Excess Baggage and is open from 7 am to 11 pm all week long. There’s no need to book in advance. You can walk in and drop off your bag, or you can pre-book online if you have some high-value or bulky items you need to store.
Let’s move on to less attractive information. If you’re going to leave your bag for 3 hours, it costs £7,50 per item. Otherwise, the daily rate is £12,50.
It’s a very high rate when compared to the services we’re about to describe to you.
Luggage lockers at Edinburgh Bus Station
In addition to the Excess Baggage service in the station, you can also find luggage lockers at Edinburgh Bus Station. Their rates are cheaper but not as cheap as other luggage storage services available nearby.
Here are the rates for 12 hours:
- £5 – small locker (only hand-bags);
- £6.50 – medium locker (standard suitcases);
- £8 – large locker (bulky items).
If lockers aren’t safe enough and prices don’t satisfy you, we have other great suggestions.
Luggage storage Waverley Station: innovative left luggage facilities
There is a new way to free yourself from heavy items. You can now leave your bags in shops, restaurants, or hotels offering their space for luggage. It’s fast, affordable, and easy!
Radical Storage is the leading company providing the largest luggage storage service worldwide. Its concept is to use free safe space available inside shops, restaurants, and so on.
Here are some essential details about the service:
- Online booking and payment is mandatory: the process is fast and straightforward (through our App or website platform);
- The address of the storage point will be shown after the booking;
- The price is fixed: £5 per item for the whole day;
- No restrictions on the size and weight of the bag;
- Customer service available 24/7.
Luggage storage Waverley Station map
Radical provides storage points all around Edinburgh. Below you find some luggage storage facilities close to the Waverley Station:
Left luggage pricing table
If you want to be sure to choose the most affordable luggage storage option, check this comparison pricing table of some of the most notorious companies.
|Radical Storage||Luggage Hero||Excess Baggage|
|Number of locations per city||20+||1||1|
|Daily rate||£5 per bag||£8 per bag||£12,50 per bag|
What to do near Waverley Station?
Edinburgh Waverley station is the main train station in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. It’s located in the city center and is the second-largest train station providing several connections to London King’s Cross Station and other main train stations in the United Kingdom.
Being in the heart of Edinburgh, it’s very close to the city’s main attractions.
Here are some of the top landmarks nearby:
- Edinburgh Castle: overlooking the Old Town, it’s home of the Scottish crown jewels and the Stone of Scone, which was used to coronate Scottish monarchs.
- Arthur’s Seat: the highest peak in Holyrood Park, from which you can enjoy Edinburgh’s best view.
- Calton Hill: an area that hosts numerous monuments, art galleries, restaurants, and stores.
- Mary King’s Close: one of the oldest and best-known alleys in the Old Town. It’s located underneath the buildings of the Royal Mile.