The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of the United States of America and one of the most famous monuments in New York. However, if you want to tour inside it, don’t forget that luggage is not allowed. That’s why you should drop it off at our luggage storage Statue of Liberty points.
Are there lockers at the Statue of Liberty?
The Statue of Liberty is located on Liberty Island in New York Bay. To reach the island, you need to take a ferry from one of the two dedicated departure points. Since large bags, backpacks, or trolley cases are not allowed to enter the statue, you’ll have to free yourself of any weight before boarding.
However, in the security tent area of the island, you’ll find key-secured visitors lockers. Unfortunately, their capacity is limited, so you can use them only to store handbags, small backpacks, and items.
Keep in mind that there are no lockers at both departure decks. Anyway, you can still find several luggage storage facilities nearby.
What is the best luggage storage Statue of Liberty service?
As stated before, no self-service lockers are available near the ferry terminals, and only small handbags can be stored inside the visitor lockers on the island.
The only way to get rid of your bulky bags is to use special luggage storage services in New York, located inside restaurants, shops, hotels, and other local businesses.
In recent years, especially with the increase in flights to and from New York City and the consequent increase in visitors, many luggage storage companies emerged. Their goal is to set up a partnership with various local businesses to create an extensive network of luggage storage places in NYC and all over the world. To store your bags, you can find yourself in a grocery, a bike rental, or a shop providing a dedicated secure space for any kind of luggage (suitcases, instrumental cases, strollers, etc.).
Let’s get to the point: what’s the best luggage storage company near the Statue of Liberty?
After thorough consideration in terms of pricing, safety, customer support quality, and availability, Radical Storage is ranked among the best luggage storage services in New York City.
In the Big Apple, in fact, there are over 60 Radical Storage places close to the main stations and landmarks.
All you need to do to get rid of any burdens is to book online your favorite locations through our website or app and find out where to drop off your bags.
Here are some storage locations close to the Battery Park ferry terminal in south Manhattan:
How much would it cost to store my bags near the Statue of Liberty?
To make your choice easier, we’ve created this simple comparison table among some of the most used storage services.
|Number of locations per city
|$6 per bag
|$8 per bag
|$7,50 per bag
|Extra charge for an oversized bag
How to get to the Statue of Liberty
As you might expect, the only way to get to the Statue of Liberty is via ferry.
There are two departure locations for both Liberty and Ellis Islands: Manhattan Battery Park in New York City and Liberty State Park in Jersey City.
The ferries depart every 15-20 minutes. The ride takes approximately 15 minutes to each island, and the rate is no more than $20.
Moreover, if you want to visit Liberty Island without getting inside the statue, you can do it for free. However, if you change your mind and decide to access the statue’s pedestal or crown, you need to purchase tickets.
Don’t forget that you will have to pass through security checks and drop off unauthorized items before boarding. Oversized bags, suitcases, hand luggage, and other packages won’t be allowed on the ferry.
However, Radical Storage provides many places near the ferry terminal where you can store your bag for $6/day.
You can find Radical Storage on your US trip, but also all around the world. Choose the best luggage storage facilities around:
- Paris Gare du Nord. Get to Paris and be enchanted by the magic of the city from the first moment.
- London King’s Cross. In the nerve center of the British capital, leaving your luggage at King’s Cross could make it easier for you to find your way to all the must-see destinations in London.
- Sydney Central Station. Close to the central CBD district, you can leave your luggage and enjoy every corner of Sydney.
- Tokyo Station. Set your hands and eyes free to enjoy every glimpse of Japan’s technological and innovative capital.
- Is there a luggage storage place near Union Square Station?
- All about New York Penn Station luggage storage services
- Discover where to find a luggage storage facility near Port Authority
- All you need to know about luggage storage services at Grand Central Station
- Best luggage storage points close to the World Trade Center
- Where to find luggage storage facility near the Empire State Building?
- Best Manhattan luggage storage guide
- Top rated luggage storage locations near Brooklyn Bridge
- How to find luggage storage facilities near Times Square?