Want to spend your last day in Amsterdam hands-free? Here you’ll find several handy luggage storage options near Amsterdam Central Station.
Make sure you don’t miss any of the attractions this wonderful city has to offer!
Places to store luggage in Amsterdam
Imagine you’ve just checked out from your hotel and you have to wait for your overnight train. You’ll surely want to spend your free time sightseeing, but your bulky suitcase makes that problematic.
Or you might have a long layover in the city and don’t want to waste your time guarding your cumbersome luggage. The best idea would be to leave the airport and go to explore Amsterdam. But, what should you do with your bags?
Here are all luggage storage choices available:
- Luggage storage at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport;
- Lockers at Amsterdam Centraal Station;
- Traditional luggage storage facilities;
- Innovative luggage storage services in local businesses.
We know that checking all details about these services is an annoying process. That’s why we’ve done it for you, so you don’t have to waste your precious time. Keep reading to discover all luggage storage Amsterdam Central Station facilities.
Luggage storage Amsterdam Central Station: the best storage option
After a careful study of prices, safety, availability, and customer service quality, smart storage facilities rank as the best luggage storage providers.
We’re talking about Radical Storage: the largest luggage storage network in the world.
Radical Storage offers many storage locations in Amsterdam and other 350 major cities around the world.
Thanks to reliable partnerships with private businesses, this service gives you the possibility to leave your bags in a local shop, hotel, or restaurant.
Booking a Radical luggage storage facility near Amsterdam Central station is the best thing you can do to save your day. You can drop off your suitcases for a few hours or several days.
Here are the reasons why most travelers choose Radical Storage in Amsterdam
- Fast and straightforward booking: through the website or the app;
- Affordable daily rate: €5 per item (of any size or weight);
- Guarantee for each piece of luggage;
- Secure storage facilities: all partners are verified and supervised;
- 22 storage locations in Amsterdam (close to main attractions and stations);
- Outstanding multilingual customer service;
- 3-minute check-in (through QR codes).
Luggage storage Amsterdam Central Station map
- Luggage storage Amsterdam Central Station: 400 meters from Amsterdam train station;
- Left luggage Haarlemmerstraat: 500 meters from Amsterdam Centraal;
- Luggage storage Dungeon: 500 meters from Amsterdam Central station.
Luggage storage Amsterdam Central Station: self-service lockers
Amsterdam Centraal lockers
Amsterdam Centraal has self-service luggage lockers positioned inside the station (in the eastern passageway next to the staircase up to platform 2).
Lockers are available in two sizes:
- small lockers suitable for standard size luggage: €7,50 per day (for first 24 hours);
- large lockers suitable for bulky suitcases: €11 per day (for first 24 hours).
The luggage lockers area is open from 7am to 1am every day. You can pay with all major debit/credit cards.
Be aware of some important downsides before choosing this storage option:
Luggage lockers at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
If you’re waiting for your flight, you can leave your bags at the airport luggage lockers (there are 5 storage locations before and after security checkpoints).
The “before security” lockers area is open from 6:30am to 10:30pm.
Check out airpost’s lockers prices:
- Handbags: €6 per item/day;
- Carry-on luggage: €9 per item/day;
- Large suitcases: €12 per item/day;
- Wardrobe: €2,50 per item/day.
Luggage storage Amsterdam Central Station: traditional storage services
Drop&Go left luggage office is located on the opposite side of the station. In addition to the luggage storage service, you can also rent a bike here, print your boarding passes, and charge your phone.
However, Drop&Go storage prices are quite high:
- Small items (like a laptop bag) – €4 per day;
- Medium items (like handbags) – €7 per day;
- Large items (like regular suitcases) – €10 per day;
- Extra-large items (like bulky suitcases) – €15 per day.
Where is Amsterdam Centraal train station
Amsterdam Central Station is the main train station located right in the heart of Amsterdam, within easy walking distance from most of the city’s landmarks and attractions.
With its 15 platforms, Amsterdam Centraal offers train connections to Paris, London, Brussel, and several major dutch cities.
It’s also the most extensive public transport hub for both tourists and locals.
There are several bus and tram’s final stops as well as Centraal metro station. Moreover, you can find waterfront stations of city ferry lines transporting cars and passengers to Amsterdam’s north part.
How to get from Amsterdam Central Station to Schiphol airport
There are trains to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport departing daily every ten minutes from platform 14a or platform 15 (night trains to the airport leave from other platforms).
Amsterdam Centraal: what to do nearby?
If you’re visiting the city for the first time, you can go to the main tourist office located at the station and pick up a free map, purchase tickets for tours and activities, and get lots of tips on the city.
In a 5-minute walk, you can be in the heart of the city center at Dam Square. From there, you can easily reach all the most famous attractions, such as the Madame Tussauds Museum right on the square, or Rijksmuseum.
If you’d like to visit Amsterdam North, you can catch a free ferry at the back of the station building and reach the A’DAM Lookout in a 5-minute ride. The A’DAM Lookout is an observatory offering stunning panoramic views of the whole city.