Are you on a day trip or a longer stay? Traveling to San Diego for the first time can be a stressful experience, especially with heavy bags by your side. We’ve created a list of recommended luggage storage places in Downtown San Diego that would welcome your belongings with open arms.
After all, sightseeing is so much easier when you have a secure place for your suitcase!
Downtown San Diego luggage storage list
No matter what it is that you’re looking for while traveling, part of planning a trip includes where to store your luggage. If you’ve ever traveled to San Diego before, then you probably understand that there are plenty of options in the city. But if you’re like many others and this is your first time visiting, then you may be worried about storing your items somewhere that might not be as secure as you think. That’s why we spent hours researching places to store our luggage and came up with affordable luggage storage facilities provided by Radical Storage.
Downtown San Diego is the bustling heart of the city. With a central location, it’s easy to access everything you need and visit all the best neighborhoods it’s made up of.
- Luggage Storage Downtown San Diego: 0,2 miles from Civic Center Station; 0,3 miles from Balboa Theatre.
- Luggage Storage Santa Fe Transit Stop: 154 feet from Santa Fe Transit Stop (Trains & Buses); 223 feet from the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego.
- Luggage Storage Convention Center Station: 0,3 miles from Convention Center Station; 0,3 miles from Petco Park.
- Luggage Storage Pacific Terrace: 0,1 miles from Pacific Terrace; 0,2 miles from The New Children’s Museum.
- Luggage Storage Seaport Village: 0,2 miles from Seaport Village station; 0,2 miles from Seaport Village shopping center.
Luggage storage Downtown San Diego map
Radical Storage – recommended service
Say goodbye to lugging heavy luggage through cobblestone streets, up and downstairs, or through busy transportation hubs. With Radical Storage, you can leave your heavy luggage in any of their partner stores around the city (shops, restaurants, hotels).
It provides convenient and affordable storage space for your items. Whether it’s a stroller, a huge suitcase, or some sports gear, Radical’s partners accept any kind of luggage. It costs just $6 per item per day and includes a guarantee for each bag stored.
How to book with Radical Storage
Radical Storage app and website connect you with hundreds of local businesses where you can safely leave your bags.
Choose your destination, book a spot and leave your luggage in a nearby shop, hotel, restaurant, or other local storage facilities. The app is easy to use and has an interactive map with locations of all Radical Storage points.
This innovative service is available anywhere in the world, in more than 400 cities.
In San Diego, from popular tourist attractions to busy main transport hubs, you’ll find a suitable location for your bags everywhere!
Things to do in downtown San Diego
San Diego’s vibrant downtown is full of attractions, landmarks, and museums. The area is home to one of the country’s largest farmers’ markets, plus one of the most affluent shopping districts in California.
Stone-paved sidewalks and colorful Spanish-influenced buildings line streets that extend from trendy neighborhood shopping districts to art museums, theaters, and shopping malls. From fine dining to nightlife, from trendy boutiques to historic sites, you won’t be short of things to do.
Here are some of the best activities in Downtown San Diego:
- Explore the Gaslamp quarter, which offers an eclectic mix of upscale hotels, charming bars and restaurants, and lively nightlife venues.
- Visit the beautiful Balboa Park, home to world-renowned museums and a lush oasis within the heart of the city.
- Stroll along Seaport Village to be mesmerized by spectacular views of San Diego’s skyline.
- Explore the area’s history at the Maritime Museum of San Diego, a complex of historic ships featuring the maritime history and sailing exhibitions.
- Catch a Padres baseball game at Petco Park.
- Have fun with your kids at the world-famous San Diego Zoo.